Adding static routes with fc17

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 17 02:28:30 UTC 2012

On 07/17/2012 10:04 AM, Alex wrote:
> No, this is a "minimal install" system with no NetworkManager, just
> "network". I'd be interested in seeing what file it creates, however,
> so perhaps someone has an fc17 desktop they could try to create a
> static route on?
>
> I'd hate to have to add all its dependencies.

I should have guessed that from your first message....  Divided attention....  :-(

The line in route-eth0, shouldn't it read:

X.X.X.X/X via X.X.X.X dev interface   example....

192.168.1.1/24 via 192.168.0.1 dev eth0

I always thought you had to tell what external IP address was to handle packets for
the network that isn't to go to the default route.

of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage