Mutt over intermittent connection

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:14:34 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I have another Mutt question. I am using OfflineIMAP to sync my Gmail
account to a maildir. I read my email from this maildir. However I still
use the Gmail smtp servers. Since this is on a laptop, the network
connection changes a lot; sometimes I am on a wired network, sometimes
on different wireless networks. I observe that after a connection change
mutt cannot send emails anymore. It fails with "Cannot find
smtp.gmail.com". However it works again once I have restarted Mutt.

Any ideas?

--
Suvayu