Intel HD 4000 and F17

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sat Jul 28 15:58:59 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have a F17 system that used to be installed in a machine with an Asus
P5Q-E motherboard and an ATI HD 3850 video card.

I replaced the motherboard with an Asus P8Z77-M Pro and went with an
Intel i5-3570k so I could get rid of the ATI video card. The CPU has an
integrated HD 4000 GPU.

My system came up fine and I have a working display.  However, I'm not
entirely sure Xorg and/or the kernel recognize the Intel GPU.  More
specifically, if it is recognized, I don't know if the right Xorg module
is loaded.

I did the lame glxgears test, which reported around 60 FPS. I have no
idea if that's about right or completely off.

I see this when I run lspci:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Device 0162 (rev
09)

Do I need to install a different xorg driver or blacklist anything? I'd
appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 3.4.6-2.fc17.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux