Intel HD 4000 and F17

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 28 16:03:01 UTC 2012

Am 28.07.2012 17:58, schrieb Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I have a F17 system that used to be installed in a machine with an Asus
> P5Q-E motherboard and an ATI HD 3850 video card.
>
> I replaced the motherboard with an Asus P8Z77-M Pro and went with an
> Intel i5-3570k so I could get rid of the ATI video card. The CPU has an
> integrated HD 4000 GPU.
>
> My system came up fine and I have a working display.  However, I'm not
> entirely sure Xorg and/or the kernel recognize the Intel GPU.  More
> specifically, if it is recognized, I don't know if the right Xorg module
> is loaded.
>
> I did the lame glxgears test, which reported around 60 FPS. I have no
> idea if that's about right or completely off.

glxgears is NOT a benchmark

what do you think means "The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate"

and yes if glxgears runs grahpics should be OK
i915 is the intel-driver

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ lsmod | grep drm
drm_kms_helper         40411  1 i915
drm                   244716  5 i915,drm_kms_helper
i2c_core               38028  6 drm,i915,i2c_i801,drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit,videodev

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.