installation fails

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Sun Jul 29 07:33:34 UTC 2012

On 29.07.2012, Ed Greshko wrote:

> The last phase of the installation takes a fair amount of time.
> It "seems" to hang and do nothing.  I didn't time it, but I feel it
> was more than 5 minutes.

I have installed F17 on several different machines, and that "hang"
occured in all of the installations, lasting clearly 15-20 min. The
installation finished properly afterwards.

This behaviour is clearly a bug. Not because it takes so long time,
but because the user isn't informed and waits speculating about what
went wrong and when to push the reset-button.