installation fails

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 29 08:09:46 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 03:33 PM, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 29.07.2012, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> The last phase of the installation takes a fair amount of time.
>> It "seems" to hang and do nothing.  I didn't time it, but I feel it
>> was more than 5 minutes.
> I have installed F17 on several different machines, and that "hang"
> occured in all of the installations, lasting clearly 15-20 min. The
> installation finished properly afterwards.
>
> This behaviour is clearly a bug. Not because it takes so long time,
> but because the user isn't informed and waits speculating about what
> went wrong and when to push the reset-button.

I've never seen the final phase that that long...probably HW dependent.

Have you checked bugzilla to see if someone has filed a report on this...and potentially an RFE to the install process?

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage