no graphic

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 29 13:27:45 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 09:23 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> And after you login....  You also don't to GNOME if you type "startx"
>> or KDE if you type "startkde"?
>>

> Now it works and I have no idea why!!!!

OK....  When you say it works, do you mean you now have a graphical login or that startx works?

If you reboot, and still don't have a graphical login you may still have a problem.  It may be related to what you did with grub or it may be related to a badly built initramfs.

--
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century. -- Dame Edna Everage