no graphic

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 13:28:41 UTC 2012

On Sunday, 29. July 2012. 15.01.31 Patrick Dupre wrote:
> On 2012-07-29 14:58, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > On 07/29/2012 08:48 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> >> Sorry, at the 3rd time I final able to install but I had to play
> >> with grub!!

What exactly did you do with grub?

> > So, your system doesn't present you with a graphic login screen.  You
> > have a simple "text" login screen as if you booted to run level 3.
> > Yes?
>
> Yes.

Rename the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to something else. For example,

mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf-backup

(you need to be root to do this). Then reboot the system and let X to try to
configure itself. If it fails again, send us the new /var/log/Xorg.0.log file to
look what else could be wrong.

The Intel graphics chipset should work out-of-the-box, drivers are already
included etc. Something weird is happening to your machine, troubleshooting is
fastest wheb you set it up to be as default as possible. ;-)

HTH, :-)
Marko