F17 takes so long to reboot/poweroff

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 29 14:01:19 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-07-28 at 22:27 -0400, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
> I run BleachBit and this seems to ...

And, for what it's worth, I'm always highly wary of using any third
party tool to maintain a system.  Quite apart from the fact that there's
been various Windows things that claim to improve things, but just make
them worse, or are outright malware.  There's the issue of the
application lagging behind the design of your system.  As soon as
there's a change to how your system does something that it will
interfere with, you've either got to wait for it to catch up with the
new way of doing it, or risk it stuffing up your system.

Webmin and LinuxConf are two things that I've experienced them balls-up
a Linux installation, long ago.  So it's not just a Windows issue.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.