setting Network Printer with static IP in DD-WRT

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 16:22:21 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 10:10 AM, Jim wrote:
> Fedora 17, I have my Network printer setup and printing in Fedora.
>
> In DD-WRT how do I setup a Network Printer as a Static IP or MAC# ? the printer
> is setup with Static IP.
>
> The problem I'm having eveytime the power goes out the Router changes DHCP IP
> and I have to go into Fedora and make IP setting change.

If the printer is configured with a static IP address, then how is the DHCP
server changing it?  Or did you mean to say that you _want_ the printer to
have a static IP address?  In the printer's configuration, you can manually
set the networking parameters and tell it not to use DHCP.  Just be sure to
select an IP address that is outside the range managed by the router's DHCP
server (but within the subnet, of course).

                 Do NOT delete it.