syslogd and rsyslogd enabled?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jun 2 19:05:11 UTC 2012

Am 02.06.2012 20:55, schrieb Tom Horsley:
> I've just been going through my new install tweaking
> checklist, and when I checked what services were enabled
> I found my new f17 install had both syslog.service and
> rsyslog.service enabled.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> I only see rsyslog.service enabled in fedora 16

this is simply a alias since a long time
below the systemd-unit of F16
look at the last line

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /lib/systemd/system/rsyslog.service
[Unit]
Description=System Logging Service

[Service]
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/rsyslog
ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl stop systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service
ExecStart=/sbin/rsyslogd -n $SYSLOGD_OPTIONS
Sockets=syslog.socket
StandardOutput=null

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target