Yum is going berserk!

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 23:20:47 UTC 2012

On 6/3/2012 6:34 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 03:28 PM, David wrote:
>> yum-complete-transaction  does just that. No it does not ask for your
>> okay. You already broke the install by aborting it.
>> Yum-complete-transaction is designed to be smarter than you and finish
>> what you broke when you halted in mid stride.
>
> In this case, yum broke it by crashing my computer.  However, do you
> know any way to clean out the history?

I can assume that it boots to an older kernel? Boot to level 3.

Do that and run the command.

No boot at all?

Use a rescue disk to boot level 1. Mount the system. It should run from
there.

Or.

Get a full DVD of the 'next' Fedora. Which I gather should be Fedora 17?
Run it. It should offer to update. Do that.

First is easiest, Second is harder. Third is hardest only because of the
download.
--

  David