Yum is going berserk!

David dgboles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 02:35:10 UTC 2012

On 6/3/2012 10:13 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/03/2012 06:09 PM, David wrote:
>> Run the tranaction.
>
> Run the transaction that was going to remove half the package I need to
> run my system, including, among other things, cups and all of its
> dependencies?  No thanks!

it just occurred to that you are Newbie enough that you don't understand
the way that this works.

The packages the 'it wants to remove' are only names in a list of
installed packages that have already been updated with a different,
newer version, and the new name has not been added yet and the cleanup
is just removing the listings for the older, out of date, packages that
are no longer installed.

--

  David