Yum is going berserk!

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon Jun 4 03:18:42 UTC 2012

On 06/03/2012 07:35 PM, David wrote:
> it just occurred to that you are Newbie enough that you don't understand
> the way that this works.

Excuse me, but I don't think you realize that I've been using Fedora
since FC6, and was using various RedHat versions since around 1998.  I'm
well aware how yum works as I've been using it for more than a decade.
I also know that if there's not been an update to cups, and
package-cleanup --dupes doesn't list two versions of it, yum is not,
repeat NOT supposed to be removing it, but yum-complete-transaction
certainly wanted to.  Now, I suggest that you take your foot out of your
mouth and stop patronizing your elders.