smb share from an application??

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Fri Jun 8 15:38:04 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 07:34 PM, Antonio M wrote:

>      > share...Where is it hidden???
>      > Furthermore (but it is somewhat different) I cannot copy an eml
>     file from my home
>      > directory to shared folder....I get a warning that such a folder
>     is not exixting.
>
>     Would you kindly define "connected to a smb share"?
>
>     I use cifs mounts to mount windows shares to mount points on my
>     linux boxes and I've
>     no problems.

> I go to Nautilus, I click on Network, then on the name of my network,
> then on the shared folder list and I can mount it....
> I have no problems with Nautilus, but I don't see shared folder in any
> save/open file application window

It's also available under a special folder called .gvfs in your
homespace. In the save/open dialog, go to your home folder. Press the
right mouse button on the list of files and select "Show Hidden Files".
There should be a folder called .gvfs. Go into this folder and you
should see the shares.

--
Ian Chapman.