thinking about new laptop

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Thu Jun 14 17:54:20 UTC 2012

On 14.06.2012, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Any Intel with embedded grafics will do.

> Almost. Anything containing GMA500, GMA600, GMA3600 or GMA3650 is an
> intergrated Imagination core and not properly supported on Linux (no
> acceleration etc).

Thanks Alan, for the good information! I will soon have to order one
or two machines for my workingplace, good to know what to avoid.

My U45JC has an i5-450M CPU and the Nvidia Geforce 310M, I guess it's
only using the integrated Intel GMA (which works flawlessly and fits
my needs). The X53E doesn't have any Nvidia graphics and uses the
integrated graphics from the i5-2450M CPU (which also runs great).