Power-off stupidity remains in Fedora 17

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Fri Jun 15 14:03:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 08:27:22AM -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Olav Vitters writes:
>
> >You're very demanding and call people "royal highnesses". Sure seems
> >like you seem obliged that people do what you think is right (other
> >idea? wrong!) on a timeframe that you think is correct.
> >
> >Anyway, there I go again, being a royal highness :P
>
> Well, you've pretty much ignored everything else I wrote. Including,
> specifically, the reason why the shoe fits, here. Really, can't see
> a better way to prove my point.

Of course I am here to fix your every problem. And of course I am not
doing the adult thing.

Just kidding. Yes, GNOME shell using 40% CPU and so on is not nice and
should be fixed. However, your argumentation is weak. There are loads of
ideas and loads of bugs that haven't been fixed. Turning that into proof
that GNOME/developers/etc must be "XXX"... cannot take such
argumentation seriously...

Saying things like "adult thing to do"... blergh.

--
Regards,
Olav