Power-off stupidity remains in Fedora 17

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jun 15 22:01:53 UTC 2012

Am 15.06.2012 23:48, schrieb Sam Varshavchik:

> Understood. It took me a while, but I was finally enlightened. I finally figured out why it's not really a bug –
> it's because NoSquint can be easily installed in Firefox. Looks like most folks affected by this have figured out
> the workaround for Firefox, given the stats on mozilla.org; and all other apps that need to run under Gnome can
> simply implement the same workaround, by themselves. Having every appp implement a version of NoSquint makes so
> much more sense than gdm passing through the right option to Xorg!

+1

sounds like the same as KDE4.0 and Nvidia some years ago

Developers: "nooo Nvidia is the problem not KDE4.0"
Users:      "But why is KDE3.x and other Desktops working"
Developers: "The are doing some hacks to work"
Users:      "Why do you not the same"
Developers: "Becasue we do not fix bugs of others"

this is one of the biggest problems in the opensource
community - no pragmatism, always designing the next
perfect thing but never get things working for a
longer time

yes there are opensource projects with a better attitude
but many act in their perfect world which never exists