OT: nvidia video for linux a good idea?

Dokuro dario.soto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 15:36:49 UTC 2012

Bruno Wolff wrote:
> What are you expecting out of your graphics card? Are you running graphics
> intense games, CUDA, off-line rendering? If you aren't using it for stuff
> that needs a powerful video card, any recent card should be good enough.
>
> I am finding the intel embedded driver support the most reliable (sumwars
> doesn't crash) with free drivers right now, but I have pretty old graphics
> hardware.

I'm a Blender user, and I kinda need the good video cards and good
drivers, in Fedora & Gnome-Shell I've used the free divers but AMD is
getting worse by the second, I was thinking going Nvidia but now Intel
might have to do it...

OS: http://fedoraproject.org/es/ - http://www.linuxmint.com/
Graficos: http://www.blender.org - http://www.gimp.org
Musica: http://www.jamendo.com - http://www.openoctave.org/