Curious And Worried.....

Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 00:43:29 UTC 2012

On 06/20/2012 08:35 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/20/2012 05:26 PM, Eddie G.O'Connor Jr-I wrote:
>> I got when I was in Terminal checking things there and it says I have
>> "mail" but it's in a folder?.....I've abbreviated the entire message,
>> but I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the upgrade?
>
> That's probably internal mail, from some program you're running. Most
> of the time, that gets sent to root; were you working as root, or
> yourself?  In either case, just run this:
>
> mail
>
> and you can see whatever messages you've got.  Warning, you're stuck
> with a CLI that goes back to when an interactive session used a
> typewriter, and the commands are, to say the least, concise.  Think of
> vi, and you've got the basic idea, but at least mail's commands aren't
> cryptic.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing to stop trying to find
"fwbackup"?.....I don't like the thought of things running in the back
rooms of my computer without my explicit consent!...LoL! (Coming from a
Windows environment where all kinds of "executables" might have been
running and I'd never know until the Trojan that "delivered" them to my
PC decided to take a break and let them run rampant!) I mean unless it's
absolutely necessary, and I don't see how it can be since I've never
installed....or run any command for Fwbackup....can't I delete the
command?....or the file in the folder where it lives?....

EGO II