E-mail image problem - Correction

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 21 02:03:57 UTC 2012

On 20/06/12 21:32, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/21/2012 09:26 AM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

>>> Would it be acceptable for someone from this list to send you an image file?
>>     Anything to help define the cause. I do keep it set not to download
>>     messages larger than 350 kb, which means I have to click to download
>>     the image files in question but that has never been a problem in the
>>     past.
> You could even send messages to yourself....
>
>>> Do you have it configured for keeping emails on gmail?  If so, what happens if you
>>> use their web GUI to check your emails?
>>>
>>     I had to look, but yes it is set to leave messages on their server,
>>     I don't usually do that but I've been testing another computer F-17,
>>     and that must have seemed like a good idea at the time? Easy enough
>>     to change if you think it might cause trouble but again this is all
>>     stuff I've done in the past without running into problems.
>>
> So, to confirm, you go to the web gui and the images are OK?
>
> FWIW, I don't use POP I use IMAP.  However, some of my friends use POP and they
> always keep their message on gmail as a "backup".  So, I would not advise changing
> that setting and don't think it has any effect on your problem.

    Ok, I have the same problem with the image file received in
    Thunderbird but if I go to the gmail web mail page I can view the
    image file, a garden scene.

    I had to jump through hoops to get to my gmail account, apparently
    they've changed their security routine and I had to type those dizzy
    letters and register again. I know I looked there when this problem
    first began and did not have to go through that.

    I think I will try some further tests sending images to myself as
    you suggested.

    Thanks for the help.

    Bob

--