Cannot find valid baseurl for rpmfusion repo

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 29 13:53:53 UTC 2012

On 06/29/2012 02:31 PM, Mark Haney wrote:
> I've googled this a couple of times, but can't seem to find a straight
> answer on this problem. I installed the rpmfusion repos both with the
> GUI and from the CLI and I get this same problem, 'Cannot find valid
> baseurl'.
>
> Any ideas?

The following is my recommendation for installing RPMs not available in
your currently
available repositories.

I downloaded the 2 setup RPMs from the RPMFusion website, then using
createrepo I created my own repository, and the required yum config file
in /etc/yum.repos.d, (root privileges required)

local.repo

[MyRepo]
name=Local repo Fedora upgrade $releasever
baseurl=file:/home/user/MyRepo/RPMs$releasever/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=0

The above configures the local repository for Fedora 17 should be in
directory

/home/user/MyRep/RPMs17

Then using yumex, enabling the local repo I selected the RPMFusion
config RPMs for installation,
and then apply. You will then find an updated RPMFusion config RPM that
needs to be updated.
After that RPMFusion should be up and working.

Best of luck

cpp4ever