Fedora 16 and Software Raid 10 on install

Aero Maxx aero.maxx.d at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:12:20 UTC 2012

Hello Users,

Could someone help me with a Software RAID 10 setup on Fedora 16 with
disk druid, as trying to do it on a brand new install.

If I chose 1 hard drive at install I can see how this is setup, but I am
having difficulty knowing what to change to make it into a software
raid, have googled this extensively and tried to understand various
guides without any luck, dont follow what there saying as finding them a
bit vague on some details.

VolGroup       1144192
     lv_root    51200      /           ext4
     lv_home    229472     /home       ext4
     lv_swap    4992                   swap

sda
     sda1       1                      BIOS Boot
     sda2       500        /boot       ext4
     sda3       285686     VolGroup    physical volume (LVM)

Ideally I would like to be able to take a drive out should it fail and
replace it with another and for it all to be ok.  I believe this would
be possible with raid 10.

Thanks in Advance.