wrong display resolution, F16, eeepc 901, should be 1024x600

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Sat Mar 3 03:12:04 UTC 2012

Just did a test install of F16 (from the DVD, not live) on my eeepc
901. everything so far seems to be working, though I haven't yet
entered the wireless key.

but it failed to detect the correct display resolution. Every version
of Fedora since F10 has properly detected it, but this one thinks
it's 800x600.

This hardware has an older pre-Poulsbo intel video chip that has
always "just worked".

What to do now? create a org.conf, or some such?

Thanks in advance!

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."