synchronize time

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 5 16:34:32 UTC 2012

On 2012/03/05 07:43, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 14:13 -0800, jdow wrote:
... I wrote a whole lot...

> I am tired of this argument. Everyone is saying what I said at the
> beginning and then arguing with me when they say the same thing.
> In the beginning you said the setting the time to UTC does not matter
> and we now seem to all agree, so let us go on to something else.

You said it in such a way as to lead to massive misunderstanding. You
do not set the time to UTC. The system presumes it knows UTC based on
the setting in /etc/adjtime and TZ, if needed.

Your wording suggested you merely changed the TZ setting to UTC because
anything else didn't work.

Sorry for not divining your real meaning from the start. I tend to guess
wrong on ambiguities.

{^_^}