lapack

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 11:55:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:56:30 +0000 (GMT), PD (Patrick) wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:01:58 +0000 (GMT)
> Patrick Dupre <patrick.dupre at york.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to use the lapack library in fedora 16, but I cannot find
> > a lapack.h file!
> > lapack-devel-3.3.1-1 provides
> > liblapack.so only
>
> LAPACK is a Fortran77 library, and as such does not need a .h file. If
> you want to interface C code with LAPACK, then you need to write the
> necessary function declarations yourself.
>
> NO, There is a great job made by itpp, but the implementation with
> fedora suffers from some issue, for example no version for fedora 16

No surprise, since it's an _orphan_ due to lack of a maintainer.
Watch this:

  http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/itpp
  http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=itpp.git

It has failed to build several times without anyone fixing it.

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.2.7-1.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.10 0.17 0.14