OT: X-application over ssh tunnel

Hiisi hiisi at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 12 14:30:20 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 15:11, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 11:31, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyway, now to your question. I think you should use the ProxyCommand
>> option for ssh. If A, B and C are fixed. You can put the folowing in
>> your ~/.ssh/config.
>>
>> # using B as proxy to C
>> Host    C
>>        User            useronC
>>        ProxyCommand    ssh -q B nc %h 22
>>
>> Host    B
>>        User            useronB
>>

>> This will let you do the following:
>>
>> $ ssh -X B
>> $ ssh -X C
>
> I forgot to mention, this is assuming A is your workstation. If it is
> another remote node, you will have to extend with another proxy.
>
> GL
>
> --
> Suvayu

I don't understand how to do this. I've created .ssh/config as you
guided me. Now I have the following error:
nc: getaddrinfo: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
Isn't it because host B can't connect to host C directly? They're in
different networks actually.
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.