how to get nm-applet switched on when making a LiveCD

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:26:40 UTC 2012

Hi Ranjan,

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 18:41, Ranjan Maitra <maitra at iastate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to put together a LiveCD. I have sort of put together one,
> however, I am unable to get the nm-applet switched on. So, this is what
> I do: start stalonetray which pops up. Then I type nm-applet which
> comes up, however it says that the (live) user does not have the
> ability to switch on the service. (Something like that, at least). My
> question is: what in the .ks file allows this to happen?

A live system is non-trivial. It needs a liveuser and root with no
passwd for starters. Did you start from your own kickstart? I would
suggest fedora-live-base.ks as a good starting point:

<http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spin-kickstarts.git;a=tree>

Your best bet probably would be to include fedora-live-base and just
add your own package selection and customisation in yours.

> Many thanks and best wishes,
> Ranjan

GL

--