READ ME: When replying to users digest...

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Mar 21 00:24:34 UTC 2012

On 21Mar2012 00:49, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
| Well from my experience when I subscribed to this list as new user, I
| started with the digest (with gmail) intending to only passively read
| rather than respond. But when I felt I had responses to contribute, I
| switched from a digest to regular emails.

I find digests difficult to read. (RISKS aside, I guess). With regular
email the threads are nicely grouped on my screen, the whole thread
history is there for perusal or discarding, etc. With a digest I get
ungrouped snapshots of everything. Like a newspaper, in fact:-(

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Netscape Messenger has displayed the message. There is no guarantee that the
content has been read or understood.
        - reality check by Return-Receipt handler in NS Messenger 4.5