Help with sound on Fc16

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Mar 24 16:13:55 UTC 2012

don fisher <hdf3 <at> comcast.net> writes:

> I am trying to find documentation on the alsa/pulse audio system. My
> goal is to set it up independent of gnome or KDE.
<SNIP>

> Thanks,
> don
I ran into a similar problem with my FC16 installation of the Xfce re-spin.  The
solution I finally came up with was to remove pulse audio and just go with ALSA.
 This was based on running into more than a few posting with that suggestion.
When pulse works, it's great.  When it doesn't work it just gets in the way.

Cheers,
Dave