FC15/16 NetworkManager drops network connection

Symersky, Henry henry.symersky at rosalindfranklin.edu
Tue Mar 27 00:09:29 UTC 2012

Dear all,

I may have found answer to my previous question regarding disabled login and the message:
"could not update ICEauthority file /home/username/.ICEauthority"

I found that whenever I logout as root, the NetworkManager closes ethernet connection.
So whenever I want to login as normal user, it cannot access the home directory, because the network is down.

Can someone please explain to me how to configure the NetworkManager in order to KEEP ETEHERNET CONNECTTION EVEN AFTER LOGGING OUT ??
Thanks.

Henry