Mouse sensitivity suddenly changed

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 20:02:20 UTC 2012

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> This is a really odd one, I have a keyboard and PS/2 mouse on a KVM
> switch, accessing four Linux system. All of a sudden the mouse
> sensitivity changed to "dead slow" on one machine. I checked the
> settings in preferences, and tried (a) another account and later (b)
> KDE, mouse is slow in all cases. Sensitivity is high on the other
> three machines.
>
> FC13, GNOME2 (hasn't changed in ages, it's a host for five VMs
> (i7-950+24GB RAM). Really annoying, can anyone suggest a cause?

The KVM? It used to be that they were a regular bane of this list. Some
of them don’t do PS/2 properly (Belkin got a lot of bad press), and the
mouse and computer can get confused.

You probably don’t want to do this, but what happens if you reset the
physical computer, leaving the KVM switched to that computer while it
restarts?

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | *No-one* liked the Joshua N’Clement block. The people who
aprilcottage.co.uk | lived there thought everyone should be taken out and then