The death of Hibernate?

Darryl L. Pierce dpierce at redhat.com
Thu May 17 21:16:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 02:08:43PM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/17/2012 01:54 PM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> >Then that's not a usable system is it? I'm not talking about the base
> >boot speed but the boot speed with everything running. I have none of the
> >ones you list below running on my system exception httpd and my boot
> >time is 10s of seconds, as I said before.
>
> At this point, I think he's trying to explain why hibernate isn't
> practical for him, not why it's not a good idea in general.

I don't know, maybe that's the case. But he doesn't seem to talk about
his own use case when he seems to be telling others that their scenarios
are "meaningless".

> Alas,
> as I've pointed out to him recently, his "tone of typer" makes it
> look like he's saying, "I don't use it so it's no good for anybody."
> If you assume he's talking about his own specific needs, not the
> general case, what he writes makes much more sense.  Let's not get
> into Yet Another Flame War over this.

I like to think I'm good about walking away when it's obvious the
discussion's going nowhere. :)

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/