FC16 date rollback in VM

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 22 20:23:28 UTC 2012

I have a VM used for running an old app, using an FC9 image, which is just the
original disk drive image. It was running on FC9 with KVM and ran as long as the
host was up, then FC13, same stability (typically in the 200-600 day range). I
moved it to a nice new FC16 host, and every few days it loses all sense of time
and then craps out in some way and becomes hung solid.

The question is not so much what's wrong as "has anyone else seen this?"

Here's a picture of the final moments, I tried to shut down clean or get debug
info, but a peek at the date and uptime shows that there was a massive clock botch.
http://webster.tmr.com/~davidsen/Date_error_in_VM.png

I'm trying something now, it's been up for 2 days 16 hr, but if this doesn't fix
I'll have to seriously debug and would like to know if it's a unique problem or
known.

--
Bill Davidsen<davidsen at tmr.com>
   We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have