Can I remove sendmail?

joe joe at realprogroup.com
Wed May 30 15:59:59 UTC 2012

Sendmail is a MTA "Mail Transport Agent" Thunderbird is a mail client.

Thunderbird talks to an MTA. If you are running a mail sever on this
machine you will need an MTA, Sendmail is as good as any.
You should consider running Dovecot "IMAP server" with Sendmail if you
are sending and receiving email through this machine.

Joe

/*Licensed Real Estate Broker*/
/*Joe Ardolino*/
/Broker/Realtor/

Office: 305 598-9557 Ext. 211
Cell: 305 710-0119
Fax: 786 787-1103
Web: http://www.realprogroup.com
E-Mail: joe at realprogroup.com <mailto:joe at realprogroup.com>
Mail: PO Box 161679
Miami, Fl 33116-1679

This E-mail message and its attachments, if any are intended solely for
the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this message and the
attachments, if any may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from
reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or
otherwise using this transmission.
Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient
is not intended to waive any right or privilege. If you have received
this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail
and immediately delete this message from your system. Instructions
transmitted over this system are not binding on us until they are
confirmed by us. Message transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or
free of software virus. While RealPro Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries
collectively "RPG" takes every reasonable precaution to minimize such
risks, RPG cannot accept liability for any damage sustained by you or
any third party as a result of software viruses.