Eclipse WTP and Fedora

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Thu May 31 20:39:02 UTC 2012

Hi,

Fedora has for a long time included Eclipse, Tomcat and (bits of)
Geronimo and Glassfish. And now F17 provides JBoss AS.

But why Fedora Eclipse doesn't includes WST? Is there anything that
prevents Fedora to provide the Eclipse IDE for Java EE developers as
part of the distro? Am I supposed to download a fresh new Eclipse from
Eclipse.org for Java EE development, instead of using Fedora Eclipse? Or
is that just a question of manpower to package and test so many plugins
and their dependencies?

Most users will have trouble finding how to enable Eclipse.org update
sites to get those missing features. :-(

(By the way, who should I contact to volunteer to write those docs and
put the on Fedora web site / wiki?)

[]s, Fernando Lozano