Make F17 automount disks?

sergiocmailbox-fedorausers at yahoo.com.br sergiocmailbox-fedorausers at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 31 22:36:02 UTC 2012

--- Em qui, 31/5/12, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> escreveu:

> De: Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net>
> Assunto: Make F17 automount disks?
> Para: users at lists.fedoraproject.org
> Data: Quinta-feira, 31 de Maio de 2012, 17:32
>
>     Where can I tell F17 under fxce if
> possible) I want it to
> automount any disk I put into a drive?? (In addition to its
> own internal
> drive for removable media, each machine can also be
> connected to an
> external USB drive.)
>
> --
> Beartooth Staffwright, Neo-Redneck Not Quite Clueless Power
> User
> I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.
>

> --

That should be a task for thunar-volman (Settings>Removable Drives and Media) but it's broken for auto-mount.
You can use gnome-fallback-mount-helper (the name may not be exactly that as I don't have it in my custom installation, but the default Xfce spin has it as it comes with gnome-settings-daemon/GDM).
Edit /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-fallback-mount-helper.desktop and check the "NotShowIn" or "OnlyShowIn" line and add XFCE besides GNOME.
Then logout and login and check Settings>Session and Startup to see if gnome-fallback-mount-helper has started or is checked to start automatically.
Then install dconf-editor, open it and browse to org.gnome.desktop.media-handling and enable auto-mount and auto-browse (the terminology may be different but you'll get the idea).
That's it, gnome-settings-daemon will take care of the auto-mounting for ya.
Then you may remove (yum remove) thunar-volman if you like.

I wrote this from memory, hope it helps.