Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:06:52 UTC 2012

On 1 November 2012 03:55, Junayeed Ahnaf <nirjhor at outlook.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm seeing that Fedora 18 has been delayed 5 times already, and this post
> from Michael isn't looking too good either:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxODk
>

> Distro like Ubuntu and Suse almost never fails there shipping date, what do
> you think about Fedora's consecutive delays? Doesn't it hurt it's adoption
> rate to end users?

Doesn't really matter from that point of view, Fedora does two
releases a year, one being behind schedule is going to put new
adopters off? They'll just go to the website and get the most recent
version, or off a magazine dvd.

The slippage is a bit worrying, but for other reasons. The discussion
going on seems to be that the process for delaying release doesn't
quite match the reality of what needs to happen. It'll get there, I'd
much rather stuff worked when it was released.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk