Fedora 18, future isn't too good as it seems :-<

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 11:56:09 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 05:06 AM, Ian Malone wrote:
> On 1 November 2012 03:55, Junayeed Ahnaf <nirjhor at outlook.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I'm seeing that Fedora 18 has been delayed 5 times already, and this post
>> from Michael isn't looking too good either:
>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTIxODk
>>

>> Distro like Ubuntu and Suse almost never fails there shipping date, what do
>> you think about Fedora's consecutive delays? Doesn't it hurt it's adoption
>> rate to end users?
>>

> Doesn't really matter from that point of view, Fedora does two
> releases a year, one being behind schedule is going to put new
> adopters off? They'll just go to the website and get the most recent
> version, or off a magazine dvd.
>
> The slippage is a bit worrying, but for other reasons. The discussion
> going on seems to be that the process for delaying release doesn't
> quite match the reality of what needs to happen. It'll get there, I'd
> much rather stuff worked when it was released.

I would think it would better to be a part of the solution than part of
the problem. We all have something to complain about but how many of us
will actually get involved with the solution of the problem at hand. It
will be released when it is ready.

--
All things are workable but don't all things work. Prov. 3:5 & 6