Anyone doing UPNP on Fedora ?

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 01:58:34 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 06:13 PM, Steve wrote:
> On 11/01/2012 07:10 PM, Konstantin Svist wrote:
>> On 11/01/2012 05:54 PM, Steve wrote:
>>> Is anyone using UPNP on Fedora ?   As a server or a client ?
>>
>> Yes, both
>> It can be pretty annoying to set up (as far as the firewall goes),
>> but otherwise works fine
>>
> Details, please !   What are you using for the server and the client
> and how exactly are you setting up the firewall(s) ?
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.

I didn't give any details because your question is pretty vague :P
upnp can be used for serving media and for controlling various devices
(firewall/NAT on your router, IP cam, etc)

I'm mostly using Rygel to serve media to a bunch of devices that support
it (XBMC, PS3, networked Samsung bluray player etc.)
If that's similar to what you're trying to do, I can get you more specifics