Anyone doing UPNP on Fedora ?

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:23:50 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 03:06 PM, Steve wrote:
> Your post of was very helpful.

Glad to hear :)

> Do you know a way to input the multicast route using
> system-config-firewall ?  I can do it manually, its just that would be
> the only manual firewall setting I'd have and then I'd forget I had it.

No, sorry, I always configure the firewall with vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables

> Isn't there a way to tell a firewall to allow dynamic port allocation
> ? I believe my Cisco E4200 wireless router has this option.  Is there
> a section of ports that is allowed for just this sort of thing ?

In theory, sure -- but I haven't seen any working examples/configs when
I last researched it. I had considered extending/copying the iptables'
FTP plugin to work for upnp, but gave up since my workaround works for me.
Like I said, since you can dedicate a special port on the server for the
upnp server, it's reasonably secure - only that port is open. It's the
client that's the problem :(

> I'll take another stab at getting it going later tonight.

If you find something interesting, please post here!