rights messed up after moving installation

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Nov 5 23:07:19 UTC 2012

lee <lee at yun.yagibdah.de> writes:

> Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> writes:

>>> Ugh ... darn ... What do I do now?  Files on /var have been modified in the
>>> meantime; I could run rsync on / again.  That should be possible while it's
>>> mounted.
>>>
>>> What will rsync do?  Only change the info because the file content hasn't
>>> changed?
>>>
>>> Isn't there a better way to fix this?
>>>

>> I have not got the full information, but running restorecon on the data will
>> probably fix the file contexts.
>
> The context is that I moved the root file system and /var from one disk
> to another with insufficient options to rsync.  I have already run
> restorecon which enabled me to log in again.  Something is still wrong
> because pulseaudio doesn't run anymore and the "users" command produces
> no output.
>
> What if I run "yum reinstall *"?  Re-installing all packages should fix
> the rights, shouldn't it?

A "touch /.autorelabel ; reboot" fixed this :))

Now I'm used to login on the console and to run "startx & logout", and
when I do that, I don't have sound in the X-session.  When I only do
"startx &" without logging out, I do have sound.

Is there a way to fix that so that I can still have sound in the
X-session while I'm logged out from the console?