network manager has gone crazy

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sun Nov 11 00:12:54 UTC 2012

Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> writes:

> On 11/10/2012 11:10 AM, lee wrote:
>> Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> writes:

>>> It's worked for me for over two years.
>>
>> And it doesn't work here.  The networkmanager keeps removing all entries
>> from /etc/resolv.conf and ignores what I'm telling it.
>>

> You misunderstand me: I disabled NM over two years ago and my machine
> runs fine.  The only reason I use it on my laptop is for wireless.  If
> it weren't for that, I'd not use that FPOS at all.

Oh, sorry.  I disabled networkmanager and so far, it seems to work
(haven't rebooted yet, though).  If my theory about what happened is
correct, that would mean that networkmanager actually did kinda work
fine and was only doing what it was supposed to.

Wireless can be quite a pita to set up  --- if networkmanager makes that
easy, that would be a good thing.

--
Fedora 17