DNS problems this morning -

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 11 19:50:47 UTC 2012

Am 11.11.2012 20:39, schrieb Bob Goodwin - Zuni:
>    I rebooted this computer just to be safe and shows resolv.conf:
>
>        [bobg at box7 ~]$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
>        # Generated by NetworkManager
>        nameserver 192.168.1.1
>        nameserver 127.0.0.1
>        nameserver 184.63.128.68
>
>    I guess that's ok? The last one is the ISP dns, or at least I don't
>    think I have that entered anywhere. 192.168.1.1 is presently a
>    Buffalo wireless router running dd-wrt. It is the dhcp server.

"PEERDNS=no" is your friend touch prevent touch resolv.conf
and NO it is NOT ok to have ANY unrelieable DNS in
resolv.conf becasue as explaiend you have no control which is
used for a request, there is no order, the diesgn is to
configure equal namservers and not some with different results

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
IPV6INIT=no