DNS problems this morning - CORRECTION

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Nov 11 20:50:59 UTC 2012

On 11/11/12 15:38, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 11.11.2012 21:33, schrieb Bob Goodwin - Zuni:
>> >    **    Changed PEERDNS=no back to PEERDNS=yes
>> >
>> > ** and then I could send ...
> maybe you have a crappy ISP which blocks DNS if it is
> not their own one - let me guess: USA, here in europe
> it is absolutely no probem to setup a dns-server which
> does recursion and never tocuhes any ISp crap, some
> providers think they knpw better what their users nedd

    Yes but even then that should not prevent me from using my own
    nameserver?

    I always used other dns servers, recently opendns, until March when
    this high speed satellite service became available and eventually I
    found that it was not using my opendns but it's own! And as you say
    it's crappy ... This is a holiday weekend and it may not get fixed
    for a couple of days?  Aargh!

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD

box7