DNS problems this morning -

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Nov 11 21:13:26 UTC 2012

Am 11.11.2012 22:08, schrieb Bob Goodwin - Zuni:
> If I use 74.125.239.9 I  get google.com so it seems logical that
> my own name server would provide 74.125.239.9 and I would go to Google?
>
>    [bobg at box7 ~]$ nslookup google.com
>    Server:        192.168.1.1
>    Address:    192.168.1.1#53
>
>    Non-authoritative answer:
>    Name:    google.com
>    Address: 74.125.239.9
>    Name:    google.com
>    Address: 74.125.239.14

why do you change your bind-config to test tjings?
nslookup google.com whatevernameserver

but his does NOT change the fact taht you can not override
a TRANSPARENT procy which my be the root casue of your
issues

YOU say <hostx>:porty
ISP say <myhost>:myport

no way to get around this on standard ports

maybe it would be better to discuss your issues with your ISP