network manager has gone crazy

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Mon Nov 12 10:03:24 UTC 2012

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

> Am 11.11.2012 01:04, schrieb lee:
>> No, I'm not using DHCP, and the cables are fine.  I have a theory about
>> what it might be, though.  Is "system-config-network" related to
>> networkmanager, or is it something else?
>
> it is for the classical "network.service" and you should
> NOT mix tools for different worlds in your usage

It's not surprising that it doesn't work then.  So how do you configure
networkmanager?

Whose extremely stupid idea was it to have two different and conflicting
systems for configuring network interfaces installed at the same time by
default with no way for users to tell them apart?  And where is the
documentatition about this?

--
Fedora 17