DNS problems this morning -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 14 04:46:54 UTC 2012

Bob Goodwin:
> The only way I have to judge time is watching the bottom of the
> Firefox display where it tells me it's "Looking up" an address and
> doing a number of reloads on a complex page

It's hard to test DNS activity using Firefox, as it does its own
caching.  To make it look up the same address, again, you need to
completely quit all instances of the browser program (i.e. close *all*
Firefox windows, not just the one you're looking at).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.6-1.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Nov 5 21:59:35 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.