locale settings

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Wed Nov 14 12:47:34 UTC 2012

Sergio <sergiocmailbox-userlist at yahoo.com.br> writes:

> On 11/13/2012 07:42 PM, Sergio wrote:

>>> What is the equivalent of Debians 'dpkg-reconfigure locale' in Fedora?
>>> And btw, what's Fedoras equivalent of apt-file?
>>>

>> F18 has changed in this regard, now it uses localectl. In F17 I think it
>> was setup with system-config-<something>
>>
>> What's apt-file?

Thank you!

> If apt-file is to search for a file in a package then have a look at
> rpm's options.
> Also 'repoquery -l' (yum-utils).

Yes, it is a tool that can search for packages containing a given file.
It might be like 'repoquery -f', giving more useful results easier than
'repoquery -f' seems to do.  I need to learn more about the package
management; so far I just used it without much reading, so it was simple
enough :)

--
Fedora 17