NetworkManager-resolv.conf -

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Fri Nov 16 12:44:24 UTC 2012

Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:48:58 +0100
Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com> kirjoitti:

> A novice user would just run the default setup, with NM controlling
> all interfaces, use the GUI to configure NM, and everything would
> work as expected, without any confusion. An experienced user should
> know what he wants to setup, and how to do it. By definition, an
> experienced user should not get confused in setting up networking, or
> otherwise he is actually lacking experience.
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

A novice connects a broadband network device into computer, I guarantee,
that she/he does not get connection made, on the fly.
As from 1996 with linux, I tried to get my hamradio control work
with usb serial cable, no worky, nm and modem manager took over it.
So NM thrown away, that system now works. I removed MN and I managed to
do it without any depencies, now somehow it came back, but is not in
use, because I have not NM service enabled and I won't enable it.
Network service works fine with ifcfg-eth* scripts. So, conclusion is,
that there is lot to do with networkmanager.

Jarmo